1. This section is locked and read-only. If you wish to reply to one of the threads, please create a new thread on the main forum.

How to Emulate Famicom Disk System on FCEUX

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Alice, 11 Feb 2012.

1. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. EMULATING THE FDS IS NOT JUST A MATTER OF DOWNLOADING AN EMULATOR AND A GAME ROM. PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS.

1) Download FCEUX, it's an emulator that supports all forms of the 8-Bit Nintendo console including the Famicom Disk System.

2) GO TO THIS LINK and download "DISKSYS.ROM" - http://www.emuparadise.me/biosfiles/Nintendo_Disk_System_Boot_Sector.zip - Listen, many other sites claim to have something called the FDS Bios Rom... THEY DON'T. They even have something you can download and open in the emulator but you're going to see "BATTERY ERR.O2" and you won't be able to open any FDS games.

3) Put it in a folder (named something like "FDS Bios"). The ONLY file that works is DISKSYS.ROM (8kb). Remember to extract in order to check the correct file-size, the .zip is COMPRESSED so it will be smaller. You must use the extracted file anyway, not the .zip

4) Open FCEUX, go to "Config" and click "Directories...", hit the Browse button next to FDS Bios Rom, choose the folder you made.

5) NOW you will be able to open your FDS game rom and it WILL WORK!

IF THE LINK TO DISKSYS.ROM ( 8 Kb ) ENDS UP BROKEN ONE DAY, CONTACT ME AND I WILL RE-UPLOAD IT RIGHT AWAY!!!!!

GO HERE TO GET YOUR FDS GAME ROMS

http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Famicom_Disk_System_ROMs/29

REMEMBER THE BIOS THEY HAVE THERE IS NOT THE CORRECT ONE. USE THE LINK IN STEP 2!!

6 people like this.
  2. THANK YOU, THIS WAS VERY HELPFUL.

3. renex
    Tyrannical Overlord

I use VirtuaNes and it runs FDS roms out of the box.

2 people like this.
  4. Alias X Beoulve Master of Games

Famicom Disk System is great..
    I bet most NES fans like me would wish they had an FDS as a kid.
    :joy:

5. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

isn't virtual nes a web client..

2 people like this.
  6. VirtuaNes IS an offline emulator, not VIRTUAL NES the online one, VirtuaNes (notice there is no L for a reason) is a freeware emulator which can run both nes and famicom roms

2 people like this.
  7. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

oh ok

THIS IS WHAT HELPED ME, I USE FCEUX. IF YOU FOUND ANOTHER WAY, GOOD FOR YOU. I'M JUST TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE.

2 people like this.
  8. OK AND THIS REALLY HELPS THE PEOPLE WHO USE FCEUX SO THANK YOU.

9. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

NO PROBLEM

3 people like this.
  10. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

For people who don't care about the emulator they use, there's VirtuaNES, so thanks for mentioning it. For people who do care, there's this information.

2 people like this.
  11. Alias X Beoulve Master of Games

I love VirtuaNES. It's a really good emulator, but I can't remember if I could ever get the full-screen to work or not, it's been so long since my computer broke. I remember trying to get an FDS game to play in full-screen but the color would always be glitched.

2 people like this.
  12. World TwitchRPG

1/3 of the roms I have doesn't works in VirtuaNES.

2 people like this.
  13. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

Am I doing something wrong or does Akumajou Dracula really have "Now loading" screens? o.o

14. wuut

15. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

16. 2 people like this.
  17. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

Thanks, any and all information is welcome

2 people like this.
  18. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

Untitled.

8 people like this.
  19. Surey D [ s u͍ ɽ iː ]

I love "loading BGM" ! :D It's so cool! I've only heard it in context in the X68 000 though. For some reason they didn't put it on the PSP game whereas they did make the music.
    But if you're talking about Famicom, Castlevania and loading, that means you played Akumajou Densetsu?

2 people like this.
  20. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

Yup I did

The biggest differences I found were loading screens and I think some secret locations were switched or something

2 people like this.
  21. Surey D [ s u͍ ɽ iː ]

The music has a newest chip thing and Grant's attack is throwing his knifes instead of doing little stabbings.

2 people like this.
  22. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

Oh I thought we were talking about CV1

I don't remember playing 3 on FDS

2 people like this.
  23. Surey D [ s u͍ ɽ iː ]

Ah the first one is Akumajou Dracula. There's no "Loading BGM" in the soundtrack album for it. But then again there's none for Akumajou Densetsu either.

I usually use Nestopia. I'm not sure if it allows using FDSs. Gotta have to check.
    But then again, the FCEUX palette is the pretty one used in SMBC, soooo...

2 people like this.
  24. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

6 people like this.
  25. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

I have moved this thread to the more relevant section and updated the OP with the correct link and a slight change in instructions

4 people like this.