Staff Pick Art Thingy Dingy

Discussion in 'Creative Projects' started by Blue, 22 Nov 2014.

1. [​IMG]

A practice of sorts. I wanted something that was less heavily anime, and quicker to produce so i tried cross hatching and dither for shading and texture rather than a ton of different colors. Im also trying to make my palettes less eye bleedingly saturated. What do you think?

CowboyJoseph64, World, renex and 5 others like this.
  2. Threxx Disgruntled Musician

looks like a western comic strip style, guessing you were aiming for that kind of style

3. Something like that. Really wanted something where the eye color popped more and something i could get away with more weird proportions on side characters without it looking too out of place.

4. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

IMG_0871.JPG

savedArt and renex like this.
  5. savedArt kyoo

upload_2017-2-21_2-38-7.
    I was going to draw a picture today, but then I got side tracked, completely walked away from it minimized the art program and then when I came back I forgot it existed and a full day went by. when I was closing my 'left open programs', I saw a little doodle I made, I call them warm up doodles, I draw stupid shit just to get the "juices" flowing. just thought I'd share this before I delete it... who knows maybe I'll use it since it's now saved on here. this isn't a saved file, I just Ctrl+C'd it and pasted it in here. that's pretty cool that I can upload stuff that isn't saved.

Improvement and renex like this.
  6. [​IMG] another request, WIP

7. [​IMG]

and without texture and transparency

[​IMG]

ooyk, Improvement, Threxx and 5 others like this.
  8. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

9. [​IMG]

Trying to see how the proportions and detailing should work. Minor design update as well.

10. Shotobros Can we rock? What's up doc?

[​IMG]
    Credits to Jo and everyone else who made ridiculous suggestions.
    EDIT: This went through a lot of changes.

savedArt, renex and DataBase like this.
  11. [​IMG]

I think the style is cleaning up. I need to find an efficient way to cleanly hatch the shading tho. Hm.

12. renex
    Tyrannical Overlord

13. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

recent developments, click on the thumb nails

IMG_1041.JPG IMG_1045.JPG IMG_1048.JPG IMG_1055.JPG IMG_1056.JPG IMG_1058.JPG IMG_1060.JPG IMG_1062.JPG IMG_1089.JPG IMG_1090.JPG IMG_1093.JPG

savedArt, Pika and renex like this.
  14. renex
    Tyrannical Overlord

15. Pika Hot Winds! Hurricane!
    Cybuster

its my robot daughter,,,

Threxx and renex like this.
  16. renex
    Tyrannical Overlord

17. savedArt, Improvement, renex and 2 others like this.
  18. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

IMG_1178.JPG

savedArt, renex and ooyk like this.
  19. Alice enjoyee your lifetime

mermaid.

that big dot is not supposed to be there

savedArt, Improvement, renex and 2 others like this.
  20. [​IMG]

The official art for melon man is coming along! Im still not happy with a few areas yet so I didnt get it colored tonight. I think i might shrink his head a bit, and i really don't like how the knee on our left is jointed up. But it should be a simple fix in the morning when I'm not struggling to stay awake enough to hold the pen.

savedArt likes this.
  21. [​IMG]

Ok so. I had a design accepted into a fan game, Megaman SD. This design, Tundra Man, I felt didn't properly convey the tone I wanted him to, which is a given since his design is years old now. I wanted a cute and fun type robot and the tundra design sorta...straddled the line between cute and serious I suppose? To remedy this I emphasized hos snowman like body more, changing it from a chest armor to just being his torso. To add to this I then fattened his face up and gave him the "bug eye" variant of robot master eyes to help take the edge off the old face and tie it into his new body type. A new color palette was proposed by another member on the team, and i think it really helps him pop much better than the old one and keeps him just colorful enough to have a fun edge to him without going over board. It was suggested his name be changed to Flurry rather than Tundra because it doesnt carry quite the same menacing bite.

What do you think?

22. [​IMG]

Wanted to test a new shading style, but I didn't want to waste the effort making a new sketch just to shade something. Decided to ink over an old v00 sketch, very quickly at that hence the general rough and shaky shaping and lining. Anyway, i think this style can be refined into something pretty nice.

Pika and savedArt like this.
  23. [​IMG]

Just a doodle to try to get back in shape after doing nothing but inafune style for a loooong time

savedArt, Faruga and Pika like this.